Dr Vitrag Shah
Consultant Physician & Chief Intensivist
MBBS, MD Medicine, FNB Critical Care, EDIC (UK)
Primary Speciality: Critical Care & Emergency Medicine
Years of Practice: 10+ Years
Languages Spoken: English, Hindi, Gujarati
- MBBS & MD Medicine - GMC, Surat
- IDCCM Fellow - KEM Hospital, Pune
- FNB Critical Care - Sir Gangaram Hospital, Delhi
- Nominated as Best Student of the year for Employee of the year award in 2016-17 from Department of CCEM in Sir Gangaram Hospital, Delhi
- Cleared European Diploma in Intensive Care Medicine Part I with 5th Rank in Asia center (Kolkata) & 9th Rank globally
- Cleared European Diploma of Intensive Care Medicine Part II in London
- First Class in PG Program in Cardiology by Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- Done ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) at KEM Hospital, Pune & ATLS (Advanced Trauma Life Support) at AIIMS, Delhi
- Completed several courses in Critical Care Infectious Disease
- Awarded the title of Clinical Specialist in Organ Donation by NOTTO
- Completed Diabetology course PGCDM at TOTALL Diabetes Hormone Institute, Indore
- Completed Ultrasound Life Support - Basic Level 1 Provider by WINFOCUS
- Attended CERTAIN 2019 workshop by MAYOCLINIC, USA
- Dr Vitrag Shah has done MBSS & MD Medicine in Government Medical Collage, Surat.
- Thereafter he has done his advanced training in Critical Care from KEM Hospital , Pune and Sir Gangaram Hospital, Delhi - both are prestigious institutes of India.
- He has worked as Physician and Chief Intensivist in Kiran Multi Superspeciality Hospital, Surat for more than 3.5 years. Since April-2021, He has joined Velocity Hospital as full time Physician & Chief Intensivist.
- He is well versed with all ICU procedures (e.g. Central line insertion, Dialysis catheter insertion, Arterial line insertion, Endotracheal Intubation, Percutaneous tracheostomy, Lumber puncture, ICD insertion, Ascitic and pleural tapping etc)
- He has experience of transporting several critically ill patients including ARDS, Septic Shock via Air Ambulance including Agricultural minister of Bihar and several other VIP patients.
- He has experience of using ECMO, Inhaled Nitric Oxide, HFOV, APRV, High flow nasal cannula, Advanced Hemodynamic Monitoring like EV1000 etc.
- He has successfully treated more than 10000 of COVID-19 cases in entire South Gujarat in 2020 pandemic.
Critical Care Medicine : Sepsis, Shock, Mechanical Ventilation, ARDS, Hemodynamic Monitoring, Antibiotics (MDR & XDR Infections), Fluid & electrolytes, COVID-19 Pneumonia
General Medicine : Comprehensive care of Diabetes, Hypertension, Ischemic Heart Disease , Stroke, Anemia
- Dr Vitrag Shah has participated in various national and international conferences and workshop as delegate as well as faculty.
- He has also organized & moderated various CMEs & workshops.
- He is Faculty in MEM course & associate teacher for IDCCM course.
- He is International Medical Board member of MedicalJoyWorks & also a peer reviewer of Critical Care Medicine section of ClinicalSense University.
- He has published several case reports, review articles & chapters in indexed journals & presented several papers & posters in state and national conferences.
- He has started conducting mock test for European Diploma in Critical Care (EDIC) - Part-1 for the first time in South Gujarat.
- He has organized ventilator training workshop for COVID-19 preparedness for 250+ medical officers and paramedics of South Gujarat.
- He was local Principle Investigator of HERMES study by ISCCM (2019-2020).
- He has successfully treated more than 10000+ of COVID-19 cases in entire South Gujarat in 2020-2021 pandemic.
- Reviewer of Several International Journals
He is member of following societies:
- Indian Society of Critical Care Medicine - ISCCM
- European Society of Intensive Care Medicine - ESICM
- American College of Physicians -ACP
- Indian sepsis forum
- Indian Medical Association - IMA
- Association of Physician of Surat - APS
- Presented several papers and posters in local & regional conferences and won awards and prize as well
- Published a case report “Thrombotic Thrombocytopenia Purpura Refractory to Plasmapheresis Treated Successfully with Rituximab” Indian Journal of Clinical Practice, Vol. 24, No. 7, December 2013
- Published a poster “SLE with Myelofibrosis” in Indian Journal of Rheumatology in Poster session-I, December 6, 2013
- Published a chapter “Approach to Acid-Base Disorders” (Chapter 92) in Anaesthesia Update Book 2016 – Published in 64th ISACON 2016
- Published a chapter “Basics of Mechanical Ventilation” (Chapter 12) in ICU Manual for Nurses (2017) under the aegis of ISCCM
- Published a case report on “Sickle cell disease presented with splenic sequestration crisis with alloimmunization” in souvenir of 5th Gujcriticon-2017
- Local Principle Investigator of HERMES study by ISCCM (2019-2020)
- Published DVT Quiz in Annals of Vascular Medicine & Research in Jan-2020
- Published review article - Extra Precautions While Caring Suspected COVID-19 Patient in ICU Beyond PPE and Hand Hygiene. Indian J Crit Care Med 2021; 25 (3):331-335.
- Published article on “PATIENT VENTILATOR ASYNCHRONY: ETIOLOGY AND SOLUTIONS” in IJCP in Jan-2021
- Published chapter on “Aerosol generating procedures - How to manage ?” in Nursing Manual on COVID-19 Care in W4C (World Conference on COVID and Critical Care)
- Published a case series on “Brain abscess caused by dematiaceous fungi in apparently immunocompetent hosts” in Medical Mycology International Journal in Sep-2022
- Published chapter on “CARP in COVID-19” in ISCCM TEXTBOOK OF CRITICAL CARE, 2023