Pediatrician and Neonatal Intensivist
Dr Apoorva Shah
Consultant Pediatrician and Neonatal Intensivist
MBBS, MD (Pediatrics), Fellowship in Neonatology(NNF), PGPN (Boston)
Primary Speciality: Pediatrics and Neonatology
Years of Practice: 4+ Years
Languages Spoken: English, Hindi, Gujarati
- Caring of babies in Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) level 3b:
- Caring of very sick and extremely premature babies, Point of care Ultrasound of Heart, Brain, Lungs, Lines etc.,
- Neonatal Ventilation (Invasive, Non-Invasive, HFV, iNO) Non Invasive Hemodynamics monitoring,
- Neonatal Procedures: Central lines, PICC, Exchange transfusion, ICD, RSI, LP etc
- High risk follow up and High risk Pregnancy delivery call attendance
- Active interest in Intact survival and Developmentally Supportive care,
- Antenatal/ Perinatal Counseling
Pediatric and Neonatal Enteral and Parenteral Nutrition:
- Breastfeeding and KMC counseling
- Complementary Diet advise (With Active Nutritionist support)
- Preventing and treating various Nutritional disorders
- Pediatric Vaccinations
- Pre and Post Surgical Management of child
- General Pediatrics, Growth and development clinic & Parenting.
- Consultant Pediatrician at Apoorva Hospital, Surat.
- Ex-Consultant Pediatrician and Neonatologist at Apple Hospital
- Assistant Professor, Pediatrics at New Civil Hospital, Majura Gate, Surat.
- Done MBBS from BJ Medical College, Ahmedabad
- Completed MD Pediatrics from NHL Medical college, Ahmedabad (VS Hospital, Ashram road)
- Completed Fellowship in Neonatology (NNF Delhi) at Nirmal Hospital, Surat.
- Had first class in Postgraduate Pediatric Nutrition (PGPN) course from Boston University.
- Had done Point of care Ultrasound (POCUS) in Neonatology course from NNF, Delhi
- Had done NALS (Neonatal advance life support), PALS (Pediatric advance life support), FBNC, Neonatal Ventilation workshop at various hospitals.
- Trainer of NICU staff and doctors for Facility based Newborn Care (FBNC)
- Had done multiple certificate courses from WHO, Stanford University, Harvard University, American academy of Pediatrics (AAP)
- Published paper of “ Study of Association of Iron deficiency anemia and Simple febrile seizures in 6-60 month Children: A Case control study” in Pediatric Review: International Journal of Pediatric Research. Also presented various papers and posters at State and National level conferences.
- Life Member of National Neonatology Forum, Indian Academy of Pediatrics, Indian Medical Association, Jain Doctors Federation.
- Worked as a Neonatologist in Nirmal Hospital, Apple Hospital, New Civil Hospital, Modi Children Hospital, Vyara since last 4 years.
- Active interest in academic activities and training and strengthening of support staff.